Why patients love dental implants for missing teeth
Dental implants are becoming one of the most common and popular options for tooth replacement today. And it’s no wonder why! Implants offer several desirable advantages over other treatment options, such as dentures or bridges. Dr. Tokiko Poppe and her team at Cosmos Dentistry of Bellevue, Washington, encourage patients to ask about this and other restorative services available for patients who are missing one or more teeth.
Why choose dental implants?
Here are just a couple of reasons why patients love dental implants:
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Because they are permanently anchored into the jawbone, dental implants look and function just like your own natural teeth. This means you can eat, speak, and smile with improved self-esteem and confidence – knowing that your teeth look great.
- Dental implants are strong and durable. With proper attention, dental implants will last you a lifetime. They are much stronger than natural teeth, so you don’t have to worry about them breaking or falling out.
- Dental implants improve your oral health. Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants do not require the removal of a healthy tooth structure. In fact, they actually help to preserve your jawbone and keep your teeth healthy by providing stimulation that helps prevent bone loss.
- Dental implants are convenient. Since dental implants are permanent, you don’t have to worry about taking them out for cleaning or soaking them overnight as you do with dentures. Just brush and floss as normal!
- Dental implants are affordable. Dental implants may initially seem more expensive, but over time they end up being more cost-effective than other tooth replacement options. That’s because they last a longer time, whereas dentures and bridges typically need to be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
Request an appointment with Dr. Tokiko Poppe to learn more about dental implants
Dental implants might be a great option for you if you’re missing one or more teeth and are looking for a strong, convenient, and affordable tooth replacement option! Please schedule a consultation with our office today to learn more. Call (425) 448-4770 to request an appointment at our facility, located at 1515 116th Ave NE, Suite #301.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.